Former Northern Territory Children and Families Minister Kon Vatskalis will front the royal commission when hearings resume in Alice Springs on Monday.
The inquiry returns to Central Australia with a focus on child protection systems, and former NT Children’s Commissioner Dr Howard Bath will take the stand again.
Territory Families heads, indigenous council bosses, vulnerable witnesses, social workers, lawyers and academics will give evidence.
Child abuse prevention bodies and rehabilitation centre representatives will also testify.
Last week the commission was granted a second extension, delaying the final report by another eight weeks.
Engagement officer for the Royal Commission Barbara Shaw says the extension is much-needed as more stories remain to be told.
Further hearings will be held in Darwin from June 19.