A “Men Speak out for Treaty” forum hosted by the Stop the Intervention Collective will be held in Sydney on Monday.
The forum comes a month after a meeting of 500 First Nations leaders in Victoria rejected constitutional recognition and passed a motion demanding the state begin treaty negotiations.
The forum will host a panel of guests who will be discussing various aspects of sovereignty and treaty, including;
- Yolngu Nations Assembly Spokesperson and Djambarrpuyngu man Yingiya Mark Guyula
- Barrister and Wiri man Tony McAvoy
- Founding Chairman of the Stronger Smarter Institute and Gurang Gurang man Chris Sarra
- Chair of NTEU A&TSI Policy Committee and Awabakal man Terry Mason
- Aboriginal Advocate and Narungga elder Tauto Sansbury
Mr Mason says it is important to begin the conversation about treaty from a community perspective.