National Indigenous Radio Program Production Fund
The NIRS program Mission is to improve and expand its program delivery and diversity to:
- Facilitate the production of original, innovative community based broadcast programs on subject areas including the arts, news, editorial, general interest, business, sport, humor, culture, community and national identity;
- Establish a program production fund to enhance the quantity and quality of program produced and offered NIRS Satellite and NIRS Online;
- Expand NIRS from a single analogue satellite channel on Optus Aurora into four digital channels on the new Optus Digital Aurora VAST platform;
- Extend NIRS from a single to four digital channels for delivery onto free-to-air television to permit access to NIRS programs in all Australian homes;
- Develop NIRS Online and stream four channels to deliver expanded programs opportunities online;
- Develop online collaborative media presence in partnership with First Nations Community Broadcasters, RIMOs and RIBS;
- Facilitate dialogue between First Nations Peoples and other Australians via NIRS and NIRS Online;
- Establish partnerships with similar styled International First Nations Community Broadcasters;
To evaluate our success in program development, NIRS intends to conduct evaluations through listener, website, and audience surveys in partnership with other network, DCBDE and other community broadcasting stakeholders.
If you have an suggestions or ideas about NIRS programming content, please contact us.