Generating Sponsorship Revenue and Service Delivery
NIRS defines its niche markets for sponsorship as government, corporate and community businesses who seek to connect and communicate with First Nations communities. NIRS has successfully serviced this market for nearly two decades as we are owned and managed by First Nations Community Broadcasters.
NIRS sponsorship budgetary goals are calculated by the number of sponsorship spots that can potentially be filled within our schedule based upon a BMADE schedule. On past performances, our revenue achieved could be enhanced if NIRS adopts convergence opportunities and targeted program production strategies.
Over the life of NIRS, 80% of sponsorship income was generated from government agencies and government sponsorship placements. Our goal, looking to the future, is to increase the percentage of corporate sponsorship from 20% to 35% along with an increase in community-based sponsorship.
Our Sponsorship Strategy seeks to diversify our income generation beyond grants and spot sponsorship into targeted program production sponsorships that address Closing the Gap strategies. Our purpose is to advance the health and wellbeing of First Nations Peoples.
NIRS Sponsorship Strategies include:
- Increasing the awareness of NIRS of companies with a Reconciliation Action Plan by making industry-specific presentations to key decision-makers in these enterprises;
- Survey NIRS target audiences through our Community Broadcast Program providers to raise awareness of program requirements;
- Develop the NIRS Online brand and communicate this through the normal communication strategies;
- Negotiate and develop a national rate card and inform Communication Advisory Branch of the Federal Government of this development;
- Make delegation to all Federal and State Government Departments including health, housing, employment and public policy;
- Distribute our national rate card to all RAP businesses and mining companies; and
- Re-establish partnerships with existing agencies and develop new arrangements with others.
If you would like to find our more about our Sponsorship Strategy, sponsorship opportunities or our rate card, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (07) 3226 4200.